Director of Morris Consulting, also Senior Education Advisor to Cambridge International Examinations
Mr Morris is currently a director of Morris Consulting, providing consulting services in the education sector and beyond. He is also Senior Education Advisor to the University of Cambridge International Examinations and sits on the following government boards:
- Education NZ
- Tertiary Education Commission
- Partnership Schools’ Authorisation Board
- Chair of Transition Board of Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand (EDUCANZ)
- Mr Morris led several initiatives at Auckland Grammar School to place it at the forefront of New Zealand State secondary education and maintain its reputation as the leading boys’ school in the country. These initiatives included:
- creating an Academic Endowment Fund with proceeds going towards recruiting, retaining and rewarding high performing teachers;
- introducing Cambridge International Exams to New Zealand in 2001 and setting up the Association of Cambridge Schools NZ which he chaired from 2002 until his retirement.
He has been involved in a number of significant educational initiatives including:
- Membership of various education forums and a number of government qualification reform committees
- Member of the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) Board for three years
- Ministry of Education/NZQA steering group reviewing University Entrance.
- University of Auckland Council for seven years
- Member Secondary Teacher Education Advisory Group until his retirement.
- Member of University of Cambridge Advisory Committee for the ‘Pre-U’ qualification.