President, Taylor’s Schools
Mr. BK Gan is currently the President of Taylor’s Schools, a member of Taylor’s Education Group. He has been in this position since 2005 and has seen Taylor’s Schools grow from two schools in Malaysia to eight currently in both Malaysia and Singapore.
An Accountant by training, BK started his career as an Accountant in Australia. When he moved back to Malaysia, he joined a Financial institution as their Internal Auditor and eventually their Credit Manager.
Apart from working in Malaysia, he worked in Hong Kong for 19 years. For the greater part of his time in Hong Kong, he was the Chief Executive Officer of a major regional stockbroking firm.
His decision to return to Malaysia in 2004 was motivated by his desire to be involved in education and he joined Taylor’s Education Group in April 2005.
In his current role as President, BK oversees the strategic planning of the long-term direction of the schools within the Group. Currently, the 6,400 students and learners in schools within Taylor’s Schools attend the following schools:
- Garden International School, Kuala Lumpur
- Taylor’s International School, Kuala Lumpur
- Taylor’s International School, Puchong
- Sri Garden, Kuala Lumpur
- Australian International School Malaysia
- Nexus International School Putrajaya
- Nexus International School Singapore
Apart from the schools, Taylor’s Schools runs Quantum Education which is involved in:
- Supercamp – a Summer Camp program for kids
- Quantum Learning for Teachers - teacher training program
- Parental Workshops re Parenting and Building Strong Marriage