3-5 October 2017
Jumeirah Creekside Hotel
Conferences: 3-4 October
School visits: 5 October
IPSEF returned to Dubai and was a very interesting and successful event!
Following the successful event in September 2014 IPSEF Middle East is becoming an annual event, its doors opened for the third time in Dubai on Tuesday September 29th 2015.
Once again working closely with KHDA, IPSEF provided a unique opportunity for anyone involved in private and international schools to hear fascinating Case Studies from new schools, as well as key issues such as teacher recruitment, school design, curriculum choices, raising finance, and the regulatory framework that exists in Dubai, and what makes it the regional education hub.
The IPSEF delegate fee also included a third day of school visits to three new local schools - Dubai British School Jumeirah Park, Swiss International Scientific School and Blossom Children's Nursery. This provided delegates with a valuable chance to apply a practical context to two days of conference discussion and debate. Sponsored by HOK.
Amongst the many table top exhibits, the KHDA team were on hand to discuss investor and regulatory queries and were able to take investors through the set-up process in Dubai and explain the various school, investment models
Programme themes included:
- Why schools feel confident about setting up in Dubai
- The regulatory framework in Dubai: the rationale behind it and how operators can engage with the KHDA (overseeing body)
- School market data: the market context, and projections for school, student, fee and teacher numbers
- Qatar: The New Lusail City and Education Strategy
- Opportunities for international schools across East Africa
- How to address the need and opportunities in India
- Case histories from new schools across the region
- The view of the investor
- The US curriculum as applied across the Middle East
- Gaining competitive advantage for your school through accreditation
- Staff recruitment and CPD: in a competitive environment how to secure and retain talented, committed staff
- Preparing staff for the digital / information age
- Preparing students for HE and the world of work
- The importance of school design in raising attainment levels
- Project managing your new school: how to deliver your project on time and at cost
- New schools – the child’s perspective
- The parents’ perspective: what parents consider when looking for a school.
ISC Research Breakfast Briefing
"Developing business with international schools in the Middle East and beyond"
[free for exhibitors to attend]
Included a one day pass to IPSEF for all non-exhibitor Breakfast Briefing attendees
This briefing was for education suppliers and providers wishing to develop business with English-medium international schools in the Middle East and worldwide.
The briefing shared data, knowledge and experience of delivering educational products and services to the English-medium international schools market.
- Richard Gaskell, Director for International Schools at The International School Consultancy (ISC) shared advice and market intelligence to help you strategically plan and communicate effectively with international schools
- Tony Child, former Managing Director of WCBS International shared a short case study of how schools software company WCBS developed its business in the international schools market
For more information about exhibiting at the next IPSEF Middle East Forum email email@example.com